How do I get started?
Sign up as a new user using the [Create Account] link on the top of the page.
We use PayPal for our subscriptions, so you'll need a PayPal account. If you don't have one, you can create a new one when you subscribe. Using PayPal helps keeps your credit card information safe.
After you subscribe, you will be able to have the new Registroid Cloud app sent to you by clicking the "Download App" menu.
You will use the User Name and Password you set up here as the login from the new Registroid Cloud app as well as being used for login to the Registroid web site.
How does the subscription work?
Registroid use PayPal for maintain our subscriptions.
Your credit card information is stored in PayPal and is never accessed or stored by Registroid. When you sign up, you can either enter your PayPal account information or sign up for a new PayPal account.
You are billed every month for the current 30 day period. When you first sign up you are not charged for the first 7 days (test drive). After the 7 day test drive period, you will be charged for the first months' subscription. This information is always available for you in your Profile page.
You can cancel any time. Any remaining days in your current period can still be used. You will want to export your data to be saved in case you want to start your subscription again. After your subscription lapses, your data will be deleted from our servers.
You must cancel your subscription through the PayPal web site. Registroid employees can't access your PayPal subscription account to make any changes.
Where is my data kept? Is it safe?
Your server based data is stored on a Microsoft Azure
cloud based server. Microsoft SQL Azure is a highly available and scalable cloud database service.
Passwords and other sensitive data is encrypted so it remains secret.
Data transferred between the cash register app and the back office is sent using SSL (https), so no one can see your private information.
Your financial subscription information is stored and controlled by PayPal. Registroid does not have access to any of your financial information.
Any changes or cancellations must be performed by the user on PayPal's web site. No Registroid personnel can change or cancel a subscription.
Your credit card information is controlled by the financial institution you registered with. No sensitive credit card information is stored on our servers or in the POS app.
What kind of printers can I use?
The Registroid apps can use almost any network connected or Bluetooth connected printers.
Please see our Printers Help
page for more information.
What kind of barcode scanner can I use?
The Registroid Pro and Cloud versions uses any app that uses the SCAN Android message. This works with the ZXing Barcode Scanner
app and with the Google Goggles app. This app uses the built-in camera to scan barcodes. It works best in full light with good contrast barcodes.
The Registroid Cloud
version can also use a Bluetooth barcode scanner. We have tested with Socket Mobile scanners
. Other Bluetooth scanners should also work.
The Socket Mobile barcode scanner must be programmed to transmit the barcode in RAW format. See the barcode command sheet to program the scanner.
What kind of credit card processing can I use?
The Registroid Cloud fully integrates with some of the largest ISO Credit Card companies.
For more information, see the Credit Card Services section under the Products page
External Apps Credit Processing:
The Registroid apps can use almost any external app to process credit cards.
Here is a list of external app names for some processors:
- For Square: enter "com.squareup"
- For Sail: enter "com.verifone.sail"
- For GoPayment Phone app enter "com.intuit.intuitgopayment"
- For GoPayment Tablet app enter "com.intuit.gopayment.android.tablet"
- Email support for questions on other processors.
- In the Keyboard maintenance screen, add the "Tender 4" key to the keyboard.
- From the Settings->Default screen, scroll to the Ext. Tender 4 App input box.
- Enter the external app name (Make sure it's all in lower case)
- Change the Tender 4 name to the name of the processor
Touch the [Save] button on the bottom of the screen.
Skip past the Registroid Cloud instructions.
The Registroid Cloud can use either Tender 3 or Tender 4.
To use the new "Credit Card" tender key:
- From one of your devices, go into the Keyboard define screen and add the "Tender 4" key to the keyboard define.
- Touch the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Definable Tender 3 or 4 name.
- Change the Tender 3 or 4 name to the name of the processor
- Enter external app name in the Tender 3 or 4 Ext. App Name (Make sure it's all in lower case)
- Back out to the main Register screen
- Enter a sale, and press [Subtotal].
- Remember the sale amount.
- Touch the new [Credit Card] button to run the external app.
- Follow the process to authorize the credit card.
- When done, press and hold the [Home] button. Touch the "Registroid Cloud" (or "Registroid Pro") screen in the recent apps.
- Touch the new [Credit Card] button again to finalize the sale, or touch another tender key is the card was not authorized.
How do I use my data from the Registroid Pro version?
The Registroid subscription system uses a new Android app that you will download from the web site.
The new app can only convert the database from the latest "Pro" version, so you want to be sure you are on latest version of the Registroid Pro (1.21).
The new app uses a backup of the database, so be sure to backup your data in the Pro version before restoring your data..
To Restore your data from the Registroid Pro app, run the Registroid Cloud app you downloaded, then from the Settings->Database screen press the [Restore 'Pro' DB] button. This will restore the data that you backed up previously.